Saturday, March 6, 2010

Technology

Okay so I want you to think through your day and reflect on how many times you have used technology today (i.e. TV, cell phones, computer, etc.). Our computer crashed about a month ago. I really didn't think I would miss it too bad because I make a point to stay off of the computer when my children are awake. Holy cow I felt completely out of touch with the world. I didn't have a computer for about a month.

On the flip side, I did find it to be a little bit sad because people would say, "Didn't you get my e-mail?", "I sent you an e-vite.", "Didn't you read about it on their blog?", "Well I texted you, didn't you get my text?" My thoughts were well you couldn't have called me and told me? You couldn't send me an invitation in the mail? So this is my question. Technology is wonderful! I use it almost non-stop all day. However, in some ways do you think that all of this technology is making life a little less personal? What are your thoughts?

No comments: