Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Seriously Sunday

Have you ever had those moments as a mother where you think seriously? I had one of those on Sunday, hence the title. We came home from church and Scott had meetings with kids and their parents in preparation for seminary. We have 1 pm church (let me murmur, I HATE IT, okay moving on). So we get home and I am getting dinner together.

Disaster 1
I sit the kids down for dinner and Keira loads her mouth with mashed potatoes. She then proceeds to get down from the dinner table and run (kids innately know when you are on your own). I chase her down as she is running across the couch. I pick her up and explain to her that we do not run around while we are eating dinner. She proceeds to spit her entire mouthful in my face and then laughs. It is now in my hour long curled hair do. I calmly (with all I can muster) sit her down in her chair at the table and tell her that is not nice and that is a no-no.

Disaster 2
I finish wiping my face off. As I approach the table, I notice what appears to be mashed potatoes all over the floor in large clumps directly under Keira's chair. I immediately assume that she in a fit of despite has purposely placed handfuls of mashed potatoes all around her chair. I scold her as I am picking up the mess. She runs around following me as I cart the handfuls back and forth to the trash can. As I turn around for another trip, I notice there is a trail following me. So I ask her do you have it all over your legs and under your dress. THEN, with GREAT alarm I realize exactly what I am carrying in my hands back and forth to the trash. It was NOT potatoes. It was silicone from her diaper. Apparently, I thought Scott had changed her when we got home from church, which is our normal routine. But in his haste, he did not. So I lay Keira down and realize it is all down her legs and now all over the kitchen and the living room floor.

Disaster 3
I strip Keira and hastely run her into my room and put her in the shower. I figured I will put her in there so I can hear her while I go clean up silicone. I was mistaken when I thought multi-tasking was good idea. I go out and start cleaning up the silicone while Tyler and Mikayla tend to Keira. I come back in the bathroom to see what is going on and met Tyler and Mikayla as they are bailing out of my bathroom, screaming. I come around the corner and see a geyser of water hitting the ceiling in my bathroom. Apparently, the handle from the tub got turned and Tyler continued to turn it trying to turn it off. I call Scott screaming to get home NOW!!! I am completely panicked. The water is building up fast. I am doing everything I can to save the carpet, that has ALREADY had water damage once and replaced. We got it all cleaned up but needless to say, I went to bed really early that night!

WHEW!!!!

1 comment:

TomAndCor said...

That's what I call a story. No fun, and you definitely should win an award of some kind for an adventure like that.