Monday, November 29, 2010

Two, only two?

I was taking Mikayla and her little friend to school. I always love the conversations you overhear between children. So Mikayla was telling her little friend that there was a baby in her mommy's tummy. Her little friend said that her mom is not going to have any more babies because she already has four and that is enough. Mikayla proceeds to tell her little friend that she is only going to have two children because kids are just too much work and when she is the mommy she has to do all the work. I just sat there and laughed.

Well! Atleast one thing has been made abundantly clear in her mind, which is that mommy's work hard and it is definitely a lot of hard work. I wonder where she got this information from, could it be that I have made this very clear? Surely not! At any rate, I believe that the comment came as a result of her watching me change a less than desirable diaper of Keira's and her making the comment that it was nasty and that she didn't want to change diapers like that. To which I responded, when you have children you will have to change these diapers. She didn't like that idea too much and it apparently left a lasting impression on her. Kids say the darndest things that just crack me up. I love it!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Are you expecting again, or was this back several months ago? (I found your blog through Michelle's)

Karryn and Roger said...

Are you expecting? miss you.... we have a new address, and I need yours please.