Sunday, July 8, 2012

So I decided to update my blog and start blogging again. I can't believe it has been so long and I am so lazy. I thought it was ironic when I opened my blog to see my last entry was kidney stones. Guess what I just did???? Passed another kidney stone. Last Friday we were hanging out with Anna and Sean (my cousin and their two kids), we had just gone swimming and were having quiet time. Most of the kids were asleep and Keira had fallen asleep on me. As soon as Keira woke up, I got up and immediately noticed a tightness and pain in my back. I went in and told Scott I thought I had a kidney infection. Scott and Sean were suppose to take the boys to the Ranger game and were leaving in just a few minutes. I really did not want to ruin our company's fun or my sons (Tyler is a HUGE Rangers fan). I begged Scott just to go to the game with Sean and Austin, Anna would keep the kids and I could call his mom to take me to the ER. So, Bonnie came and picked me up. As soon as I got in the car, my back pain started to intensify and I knew. . . .kidney stone (it is a pain you never forget). I started to panic on the inside knowing the amount of pain that was coming and how quickly it comes, so I wanted to get to the ER ASAP!!! We got to the ER and were the only ones there. I signed in and they immediately took me back, we didn't even sit down. They started checking all my vitals and the pain started getting worse quick. By the time they got me to the room, which was within 10 minutes or so of being there, I was in serious pain. They hooked me up to an IV and started fluids and fairly quickly gave me morphine. At this point, I am already dry heaving from the pain. The morphine gave me zero relief and I was really, really hurting. They took me for a CAT scan and determined I definitely had a kidney stone. I checked into the ER at 5:15 and they discharged me with drugs by 7:15. I was still very uncomfortable, weak, and dehydrated. Scott's mom took me to get prescriptions and some food, which I couldn't tolerate. We got home and I laid in bed in severe pain. I threw up constantly until Saturday night. Finally, I got the pain under control and was able to get off pain meds by Monday. I had to go to the Urologist (which officially makes me old, everyone in the waiting room was at least twice to three times my age). She said just to wait it out that is was small enough to pass. I eventually passed it on July 4th at 12:25 am. I birthed my seventh child Pebbles McMurdie. :) I can't tell you how relieved I was. I was so excited I even woke Scott up. The good news is my urologist is convinced that this was a stone that was left over from the pregnancy and is hopefully I won't do this again. We can only hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you relate the pain to child birth! I am so sorry you had to go through that again!