Monday, May 17, 2010

To Laugh or To Cry???

So as you have noticed, I have not blogged in quite some time. So I wanted to update on what is going on in our lives, which may explain my lack of blogging.

So we moved into our new house the first week of April. YEAH!!!! but WAIT!!! We moved in and the next day I was placed on bed rest for a subcorionic hematoma. I was on bed rest for a week and went in for another sonogram to find out that I had to be on bed rest for another week, in addition they found complications with the baby. We had to wait 10 days for an official diagnosis. The next week I went in for another sonogram and there was no heartbeat. We scheduled a D&C for the next day. (I was 12 weeks, just long enough to finally stop feeling sick). So I went in for the D&C. Two days later, we found standing water in our master bathroom. We figured out that so much water was dumping into the guest bedroom and closet that it starting seeping under the walls into our room before we discovered it. So ALL of the water restoration starts (holes in sheetrock, fans, dehumidifiers, repair men, ect.). That all took about two weeks to get cleaned up. The night before the carpet guys were coming to finish up, the tub upstairs and the toilet get backed up AGAIN!!!! The carpet guys come finish up, the builder comes and the plumbers. They start cutting holes in the sheetrock, cut an electrical wire in the wall, so now the electricians have to come. And we start over with repairs, which are still not done!!!

In the meantime, my dryer broke, my refrigerator broke, my camera broke (which is why we haven't posted anything in a while) and the rental guy won't give us our deposit back. So, my house was completely full of strangers and has been full for the last month. We still haven't got our deposit back and that is not looking like a good situation.

So with all of that said, I am thankful for the gospel and the eternal perspective it gives me. Otherwise, I would cry but I have managed to mostly laugh my way through it all. So that is what has been going on around here.

7 comments:

The Gartin Family said...

I am sorry that it has been a rollercoaster. At least Hawaii is getting to be more appealing at the moment. Stand your ground girl! Hang in there!!!

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

Mercy! You are due for a vacay! Want to go to Hawaii with me? :)

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and cry! I've got that one down and sometimes it helps. What a streak of bad luck! I am so sorry about your pregnancy. I hadn't heard that you were expecting and I am sure that was heartbraking. Please call me sometime if you need help with anything.

Raechal said...

So hoping for things to look better! You deserve some sunny days!

Harrington said...

Man! I am so sorry. What a lot of trials you have had to go through lately. I hope life gets better for you. We can't wait to see you guys when we come in July.

Karryn and Roger said...

oh, carrie, I am so sorry. You totally have every right to have a big cry, or a loud scream :-) I wish I was there, I would totally come and help. I hope things go better for you.

TomAndCor said...

You are probably one of the FEW people I know who can always see the bright side of the worst situations. You guys rock. I see blessings aplenty coming your way.